Sunday, September 9, 2007

It seems quite natural and painfully predictable that the next post would be, "I'm back on the wagon", or off the wagon, or whatever one has the booze on it. It's ok for now. There is good news though, good news like this : (whenever I write a :, it makes Kurt Vonnegut sad) I've started Journalism major at Wayne State and am really enjoying myself there. I've quit Caruso Caruso which is sad, but unavoidable. If someone from wyrk actully read this blog I'd stay so someone from wyrk say fire hydrant to me, and I'll wyrk for there for ever. I had been pestering and bothering Keith Doosenberry for sometime now and it seems to of paid off. I'm reviewing Thurston Moore's new record for Real Detroit, the record comes out sept 18th and the review should follow shortly afterwyrds. I have a hat now. It's going to take some getting used to but I ask you to take this journey with me and see where it ends up. Also if anyone wants my cat they can have her, she can be found on Adultswim.com under the fat cats in party hats page, she's the one with the Devo hat covering her face. Oh yeah, so William Gibson right? Awesome I know. His new book Spook Country is amazing so far. Completely up to par if not better than Pattern Recognition. He has an amazing ability to tap in to all our sympathy's to electronics and technology. Like this the opener for the book " ...She turned on the bedside lamp, illuminating the precious evening's empty can of Asahi Draft, from the Pink Dot, and her sticker-encrusted PowerBook, closed and sleeping. She envied it." Great huh? I had written this around a month before I read the book, scouts honor "

Their is a gold hum from the standby electronics, the faint orange glow of the led hibernate light rocks me in to obscurity. Brining forth many harsh realities about co dependence that I would rather not hear. The heat sink fans are a deep scolding exhale. I’m jealous of the stand bye.

I guess I'll just consider the similarity validation that I'm doing the right thing.



Good Hunting
- Bari A. Khan

No comments: